Quotes

"The history of public health might well be written as a record
of successive redefinings of the unacceptable.“
-Sir Godfrey Vickers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

possibility

Recently, i've learned to appreciate the importance of defining certain things:

Values
Morals
Happiness

Typically I wouldn't be so philosophical and analyzed my life in such ways. Maybe it's because I have more time to ponder about now or due to my changing daily environment things have influenced my thoughts and interpretations. More specifically, my co-workers that I spend 40 hours a week with. WHICH IS A LOT OF TIME.

Since I started working, it's been good so far. I love my job, my co-workers, I'm learning a lot, and I'm actually working in a field in which my major/classes from my undergraduate career is helping me. Which some people have told me is rare in this working world nowadays. It seems that I haven't found that niche in which I feel fully satisfied with how I spend my time and to make sure I'm happy with how things are going. When I started my undergraduate career at UCI it was a very challenging transition for me to make. I felt like almost the entire first year I was on a non-stop rollercoaster that wouldn't even let me enough to puke my brains out.

It doesn't feel like that now, but I think i've learned how to put more a grasp on things. The one time when I actually felt accomplished was my graduation ceremony. Yeah, sounds cheesy but I really felt accomplished looking back to the person who I was my first year of college and the independent woman I had turned into.

Now after being a working young professional for almost 6 months I definitely feel like I'm in another transitional learning phase of my life. I'm now surrounded by all these older working successful professionals and my happiness list has become longer.

One major thing I've realized I want in my life is a Master's Degree. I feel like I won't get where I would like to get without that additional thing. Don't get me wrong I've gone back and forth on the financial aspect about it, like will it be worth another couple thousand dollars that I know i'll have to be paying for myself. There are some days at work I come across items in which I feel like I'm not smart enough and that an additional degree would give me the backbone I want and deserve to progress in my career. However, there is a part of me that wonders will I just learn everything through time and experience and not a book. Experience can be more valuable then other things on a resume but it really depends on so many other factors.

Finally now my current dilemma that led me to even blog rambling is my lack of motivation to study for my GRE exam. I need a good score to get into a good graduate program -________-... so why do I lack such motivation needed to fulfill my happiness???

GAAAAAAAAAAH

No comments:

Post a Comment