Quotes

"The history of public health might well be written as a record
of successive redefinings of the unacceptable.“
-Sir Godfrey Vickers

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

currently jamming to:


//

about to wrap up my first semester in graduate school. I am about a little over an hour from my last final exam [biostatistics] of my first semester.... it's safe to say that my sleep schedule is completely off, i've been heavily using my eye cream and concealer, and don't even get me started on my diet....

overall, despite the crazy hectic fact schedule.... i feel like i've really learned a lot. definitely learned some lessons for my next 4 semesters
-stay ahead of the game early on
-stop procrastinating
-start brainstorming research topics early on .. not just topics but actual research

i can successfully explain to anyone cost saving tactics in the ACA, why it sucks to be a millennial right now in terms of health reform [me], malpractice tort reform, food deserts and its implications, varying definitions of quality in healthcare, cultural competency legislation in place and pending in a number of states, state health exchange markets, etc. and the list goes on.

as far as my education and career coming to DC was THE best move for me. I love my internship and the work we do now and it makes more excited to see what's in store for my work experience. there are days that are slower and i do get lonely and miss having my support system but i don't like to wallow too long and just tell myself to suck it up haha. probably not the healthiest thing but being tough on myself has gotten me this far. and for some motivation -->



i will always be a britney fan lol. anyways. in exactly one week i am going home to californiaaaa! yes. just gotta get through four days of work and a nice two days [weekend] to get organized and have time for myself. maybe ill start training for my half marathon i decided to register for in april lol. yeah i really need to though... i am definitely tempted to go shopping and splurge at VS and Sephora... my go to store but i probably should NOT be shopping lol. but a girl has gotta get a better eye cream lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment